Saturday, June 14, 2008

080612


Michigan.
I have only a few moments on the net. Not that I could not be on it longer, but that I'd rather not be. It is pouring rain with some serious thunder and lightening--this actually feels like a summer, and I love it.
I catch up on some other blog reading. The OC Register's music critic called me a name--Orange Countian. But I'm still an Angeleno by heart, damn it!

Just a mid-cap of my trip.
Chicago--crazy. Probably deformed my feet for good, but a lot of fun and, most importantly, great food. The drive up to Michigan was good. Not what I expected, but good. Lots of dead animals along the road. And I thank god for GPS. But my right shoulder hurts by the time I reach Holland, MI--it is a fail-proof indicator of rain to come.

I get to Onekama, and it is like I never left it. What is it about this place? I do not know. But I am certainly glad to be back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, am a reluctant Orange Countian. No insult intended.

madame x said...

None taken. I have only recently transplanted in OC after 21 years in LA. Surely, a little resistance can be expected, no?
BTW, how did you find this blog?

Anonymous said...

When you linked to mine, it showed up on my "dashboard."

I lived in L.A. for 15 years, off and on, before I moved down here. I went to undergrad at USC. I did go to high school in O.C., so there was a "returning home" quality to my move in 1998, but it took me awhile to adjust, and in many ways I still feel not quite at home here.