Wednesday, June 4, 2008

[dream] Seriously, I hate that shade of green


It was a dreary subterranean corridor of an old building where I was walking. Pools of cool fluorescent lights were distributed at irregular intervals. Corridor was dim otherwise. I was wearing my black dress with pearls around my neck. With each step my stilettos made clicking sound against the concrete floor.

He walked hurriedly from behind to catch up with me. When he did, he grabbed my arm and pulled me into a janitor's closet where in claustrophobia and unflattering light he stole a kiss. But I was too cool and collected. I felt nothing--except antipathy against his green plaid shirt, a shirt I had never seen him wear before. I turned to leave as he pulled me back. Promise me, he said. My face was frozen solid as were my eyes and tongue.

Oh, how fragile is love...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we lay on my bed with his arms around me


Oh, how fragile is love